Monday, March 01, 2010

American Choppers Got Cancelled




I've been an avid fan of the Discovery Channel reality show about building chopper bikes called "American Choppers". As a fan I even featured their builds as inspirational in my design blog www.prodigalconcepts.com. I do get into an inspired mood while watching the show, and although I feel that season 5 and 6 jumped the shark I kept watching until their last episode for the Kobalt Bike Build. It's sad to see them go but it was almost painful watching them during their last 2 seasons so I guess it's a good thing.

I wrote a post titled American Choppers (O.C.C.) because I would like to share my fancy that these guys are creative with shaping metal and customization. I'm not a mechanic, I'm a web designer, but I was able to absorb from their work the importance of customizing a site according to the clients personality and how the designer is totally responsible for the entire look. So as a designer we sometimes must know when to say "NO" to what a client wants, especially if that would have a negative effect on the overall design which in the end will have more effect on your credibility and how future employers weighs our skills before they start hiring us for a project. As a designer we should know how to steer the clients identity into the direction that would benefit both parties.

No comments: