Saturday, December 05, 2009

Freelance



I've decided to get my feet wet in the freelancing business sometime ago and now I'm seriously considering making a career of it. But with the economy as it is it wouldn't be wise to leave my day job just yet, still I need to get the gears rolling and start taking action.

Segue...
"Now I am the voice" I got that one from Anthony Robbins, the last event I attended from my previous employer.

First thing I needed to do is get the word out that I'm for hire.

Easier said than done... A good way to do this is send out an email blast to all the people in your address box and hope they also get the word out for you.

Second thing, I need to have my own galaxy in the vast space of the world wide web and so pRODigalconcepts.com was born, I was planning on making my own theme from a basic wordpress wireframe like the sandbox but I fell in love with the Mystique theme by digitalnature, that I stumbled upon while browsing for some design ideas and inspirations, and it's one awesome and powerful theme I have ever seen. And my other excuse is that my current schedule keeps me from breaking ground on my own design plus I believe that everything happens for a reason and stumbling on this theme is one.

So I was thinking and many experts have mentioned for people to take you seriously you need to show them what you can do, imagine posting ads online that you're for hire and the only thing you can show for it is an email address from a public email server. Even writers, or photographers have put up websites for prospective clients to look at and a place to showcase their skills and experiences.

I have a whole list to go through, but at the moment I'm stuck here because I'm having some serious connection problems and until my calendar clears up I'm going to settle in making this post a series and wait for good things to happen.

No comments: