Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Freelance - de deux



Ok, so as usual it took me a month to get back on track, well not that usual sometimes it takes me more than that... I've been having the holiday blues that I couldn't shake off and usually when this thing happens I just wait it out until something knocks it out of my system. And along came Julie & Julia the comedy-drama movie my wife and I saw the other day... It's a story about the early life of Julia Child as a struggling cook in parallel to the life of the struggling writer Julie Powell who decided to start a blog to escape the mundane day to day experiences she has at work and life as an unpublished writer. She attempts to go through Julia Child's book "Mastering the Art of French Cooking", and blogged about her daily experiences while cooking each of the 524 recipes in the span of a year.

The rest of that story will have to be on a different entry (if I ever get around to it) since this article is the second part of my previous entry that introduces my freelancing aspirations. Now that I'm back I was able to populate my personal website *slash digital playground *slash online portfolio *slash freelance H.Q. First order of business after getting the site ready for some time now was how do I pick the topics for my content? Well before I started on the endeavor of putting up my site prodigalconcepts.com I was collecting links of websites I find or stumbled upon while looking for some tutorials or inspirations and from these motley crew I started with the first topics that are now up on my site. So the next thing in line to do is decide what niche I would like to be a part of so I can concentrate on that and get my identity and web cred level up. In addition I would need to showcase some of the best works I've done and start making new ones. It would also be cool to get some interesting testimonials from my past clients and hopefully they have something nice to say about me.

So to wrap up, I need to get new articles, update my work and get it out there... well that sounds easy enough, the realization of this whole idea though would be something else entirely.

No comments: